Monday, January 21, 2008

Beware of Game Stop By Shannon G.

Recently, I visited a store called “Game Stop”..…3 of them to be exact. The reason for my visit was that my sons were given a Game Stop gift card for Christmas. Unaware of what the entire store sells, I found myself surrounded by more devilish games than I’d ever seen under one roof.
Searching for something that may be of some benefit to my two young children, I resorted to looking for batteries and educational computer games. When I couldn’t find any, I asked the gentleman if he had any educational games for the computer. To my hearts sadness, he said that the company decided to do away with games like that. This led me to other stores hoping that they may have something that would be useful that I could purchase with the gift card. Instead, all sorts of video games displaying demons, witches, violence, and witchcraft surrounded me. Disgusted, I glanced at titles such as “Saved (demonic),” “Left Behind (extremely violent),” “Dark Messiah,” “Devil’s Cry,” “War Craft,” and much more. Many game ratings included words such as extremely violent, sex, profanity, and murder.
It was a supermarket of what I’d like to call ‘the devil’s playground.’ I couldn’t help but overhear children disrespecting parents and even the employees using abbreviated swear words as they searched for games. Is it any wonder the children are acting this way I thought to myself??? How sad to see parents accompanying their children and even buying them games that will feed their soul with sin and death.
I could not wait to get out of the store. I ended up leaving with batteries and a few used DVDs (surprisingly descent and useful). I must say that I was greatly disturbed to see what intrigues the young minds of so many today. It is no surprise that we are living in a world that is increasingly evil by the minute. It is a scary thing to raise children in these perilous times. I urge anyone who has children to beware of what they are doing and stay far away from stores such as Game Stop who sells and even allows you to play demos of what I deem to be the most demonic, evil games that I have ever seen!

No comments: