Saturday, July 21, 2007

One Minute Bible


Okay God...here's the deal. I'm a busy person. I've got emails to read, friends to instant message and hours of shows on my Tivo that I need to catch up on. But, I am willing to set aside exactly 60 seconds of each day to read your word. I think that's fair.
So, If you have something you'd like to say to me then you'd better get right to the point. I don't want to have to read any thees, thous or begats. So give it to me straight and give it to me quick. Do you think you can handle that God?

1 comment:

Joseph Morrison said...

The way I figure it, if God demands that we tithe 10% of our income, shouldn't we do the same with our time?

Think about it - 10% of our time to pray, read and study God's Word. I figure that most of us probably are awake about 16 hours a day. 10% of that time would be 1.6 hours.

King David prayed three times a day. I bet he used something like this formula. It works out to about 32 minutes a session. 32 minutes at breakfast. 32 minutes at lunch. 32 minutes at dinner or bedtime.

Imagine how the world would really change if committed Christians would put only 10% of their emphasis (time, talent and treasure) where it really belongs - on God and his Word.

I don't think that is asking too much. Do you?