Tuesday, December 11, 2007

INSULTED and BLESSED By Shannon

“Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me”…..Matthew 5:11


As I answered my phone today, I received a rather unexpected call. A lady was calling me to inquire about some services that I provide. As we talked, she began to tell me that she was healed…and that she received a word of knowledge from someone on TBN. Immediately a flag went up in my spirit.
As our conversation continued we began to talk about the Lord and she asked me some pretty specific questions regarding “gifts” – particularly speaking in tongues. I told her that her thoughts are unbiblical and I proceeded to explain to her from scripture what the Bible says about such things. I began to give examples such as TBN, Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, Joyce Meyers, and Paula White being heretics. The lady was not at all happy to hear my confrontation about Joel and my comment that he was as endowed with the devil as they come. Moving on to Paula White, she became even more angry and asked me where I concoct such ideas. I told her ‘from Paula’s own mouth.’ She instantly defended Paula and her decision for divorce while I refuted it and reminded her of Malachi 2:16 “For I hate divorce, says the Lord, the God of Israel.” She asked me who I was to judge, calling me a name and hung up on me.

A minute later, my phone rang again. It was her telling me that I am not being gentle and that I am being judgmental which the Bible speaks against. I responded that as a believer I am infact to judge with a righteous judgment (John 7:24). Again she became hostile, said some things, and then hung up.

I can tell you that after that encounter, I was extremely happy and blessed. Truth Matters has been an intricate tool in aiding me to discover the truth of God’s word. I appreciate their bold stance in confronting the heretics of this world. The truth must be told and false teaching must be exposed. I praise God for opening my blind eyes and bringing resources such as Truth Matters into my life that I may utilize yet another means of God’s grace in my life.

1 comment:

Joseph Morrison said...

Kudos to you, Shannon, for standing up for the Truth. More people should be as bold as you in proclaiming the truth in their everday lives! Thank you for setting such a great example.